And all my days are trances,
And all my nightly dreams
Are where thy grey eye glances,
And where thy footstep gleams--
In what ethereal dances,
By what eternal streams.
~EDGAR ALLAN POE, To One in Paradise

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Vintage Magnolia Bottles and the PLANT (again)

Okay, so in my dream, we were re-organizing our work area and moving things around (which makes sense because we are actually expanding at work, and managers are moving -- although not really my department). Then out of the blue, someone told me, I think it was Olaf from the warehouse, he told me that I could take the plant home and that he's got my back because he's friends with the plant guy (the plant maintenance guy who comes in once a week to water, and dust the plants). I was hesitating, but someone just cut a big stem off and told me that I could take it home, and so I put it in a huge plastic bag and brought it to the trunk of my car (which looked like the back of a van, actually) or perhaps my CRV back home. It appeared that someone was driving for me (Raquel's brother?), and we got busy packing my car with other stuff I could take home from what seemed like an office give-away or yard sale. (I think I also saw my old friend Adoralyn in my dream). I remember looking through vintage Magnolia glass bottles and I was so excited I wanted all of it. I was focused on a glass bottle that was shaped like a big shoe and I remember muttering, "My dad will like this!" and also a big pitcher, and some chocolate and milk bottles I remember from my childhood.





I don't know what to make of this strange dream -- but one thing is for certain, I still yearn for a Massangeana Cane plant like what I have at my cubicle at work:

I want one for the corner of my kitchen and one for my living room, and I still don't want to spend a single cent for it. So I am still hoping that one day, I will get one for free. Like old vintage bottles and anything with an antique flair -- which I have so much passion for. And if they're free, it's more meaningful and so much better. And my dad! We just share a lot of the same interests that most of the time, I see something that he would like and stuff like that...

The driver -- maybe I miss someone driving for me on my errands? Or maybe I just struck a window, like a mere intersection of past memories, short-circuiting in my brain. Like having Adoralyn there. Just recently, I posted a shoutout in Facebook addressed to her, telling her to stay in touch (because we've been checking out old photos of our highschool class that our classmate posted on Facebook).

I still want a plant though...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails