And all my days are trances,
And all my nightly dreams
Are where thy grey eye glances,
And where thy footstep gleams--
In what ethereal dances,
By what eternal streams.
~EDGAR ALLAN POE, To One in Paradise

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Old Flame

This is funny and pretty amusing so I thought I'd write it down before my memory fails me again.

I just remembered having this dream like maybe last week or two weeks ago but I never had time to write it down.

In my dream, my highschool crush was there. He's one of the many highschool crushes! But though short-lived, I can say that it's special -- almost puppy love kind of special. Come to think of it, he's really the first one I ever dated, yeah yeah, in the school cafeteria, after school hours for about half an hour or so, just hanging out by ourselves, sometimes with our many friends. But yeah, it was pretty special but I remember that after admitting to him that I also had feelings, I sort of broke it off a month after because I was scared of getting serious and scared of getting in trouble with my parents. I know I had hurt him. But really, 3 boyfriends later, when people ask me who counts the most (not including my hubby, of course), I still think he's the one that I will always have fond memories of. You know, a soft spot somewhere in your heart....deep down there like a tiny dot that matters.

So there, now that you know who he is to me. The dream goes like this:

It was the moment when I told him that I "love" him (like highschool...you know that stuff)... It was cheesy but it's really not how it happened in 1988. In the dream, there was a tray of cupcakes (or something...it's food, definitely, hahaha)....and then he told me to pick one cupcake if I love him back. And of course I took a cupcake.

And then his face lit up, so happy. And then I realized, oh my God, did I just "say" I love you too? hahaha. I was scared and thrilled, and deep inside I knew I wasn't supposed to, but then I couldn't help it. And stuff like that.

And then my dream ended.

It's probably because I watched a cheesy love story recently. Or because I was reminded of Dennis (yes, that's his name!) after reconnecting with all his friends in FaceBook and yes, because we are having our 20th anniversary High School reunion soon.

*SIGH*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails