And all my days are trances,
And all my nightly dreams
Are where thy grey eye glances,
And where thy footstep gleams--
In what ethereal dances,
By what eternal streams.
~EDGAR ALLAN POE, To One in Paradise

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Nose Bleed

How can my dream of myself having a profuse nosebleeding be so comforting?

In my dream, I had to keep changing tissues because my nose was bleeding like crazy. The good part was that I wasn't worrying at all because my mom was with me and she seemed to be in charge of the situation (as she really has always been since I was a sickly child) -- coordinating what to do, checking out which doctor to call, buying medicines if necessary, coming up with the whole game plan to restore me back to good health. In my dream she not only did the coordination with my health concerns but told me she'd give me money regularly too where in my dream I also refused to accept and told myself that if she insisted, I'll save all that money to buy her a present or return it in a big lump sum for her to use, not because I'm not being grateful but because I want her to use it and I feel in my heart that she and my dad deserve to use it.

I am amazed at the power of a dream to define your real life's affairs. At this point, I have been faced with so many health challenges -- the chest pains being the latest one so far and I keep trying to put them at bay so I try not to see the doctor as much as I can. I am not really a hypochondriac and usually dismiss them like they are nothing yet, at the back of my head, the symptoms simply tug on an internal alarm that says, "hey, pay attention this time!" It's a struggle for me to make an appointment with the doctor maybe because I'm scared of what I'll hear...yet at the same time, I also yearn for medical attention when symptoms get alarming.

It's scary, this whole health thing is...Especially now that as an adult, I am MY OWN ADVOCATE. If I want to get well, I need to kick my own butt and seek the solutions by myself.

Maybe that's why I had this dream. I miss my mom doing all these for me, that deep down inside, something tells me that I wish I can go back home and be a kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails