And all my days are trances,
And all my nightly dreams
Are where thy grey eye glances,
And where thy footstep gleams--
In what ethereal dances,
By what eternal streams.
~EDGAR ALLAN POE, To One in Paradise

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Friday, June 12, 2009

Eeeew! Really!

In my dream, hubby and I just moved to the house that we just bought. It's not the same as our real house, they are in no way similar to each other in terms of structure. The house in my dream is a whole lot bigger, but older and uglier. I think it's in one of those high rise condominiums built in the 80's perhaps even older. It was big alright but it needed a lot of work. In my dream, we had a little housewarming party and I remember feeling "apologetic" about the house, and trying to convince myself and get the affirmation of others that we had a good deal, inspite of all the obvious imperfections. Hubby seemed to feel the same way but he was the usual life of the party entertaining guests.

Tita Fina was there (huh? I just dreamt of her a few days back...but maybe that's why "she" showed up again). She pointed to her daughter, my cousins. I went to say hello to them. They were holding plates and eating and I noticed that they had nice golden bronze puffy and coifed hair. I almost didn't recognize them. So gave Maribel and the other cousin Mayie a kiss. There were three more girls and I didn't realize that one was Ricci until they called my attention. I didn't recognize her because the hair (all coifed head were blocking my view) so I said sorry and said hi and then pretended to be busy.

And then I was surprised that two guys I used to date (AM and JP) showed up and I was jumping up and down, not because I was delighted to see them but because I was happy that I won (saying "winner, winner!"). I don't know what that was about. Perhaps because I had made a bet with someone as to who among the most impossible people to show up will show up. Something like that. Anyway, I was jumping so high my right flipflop slipper snapped.

I said hi to them and JP extended his hand to shake my hand, but I took it and kissed his cheek like a brother and as if it was the most casual thing to do, and it really was! And then I was nervous that they will finally meet, all three of them. AM, JP and my husband? But it wasn't an issue with my husband. The weird part was the thrill that I felt that AM and JP met, which was weird because they belong to two different stages in my life and there was really no way they could have encountered each other.

We hang out outside at the swing. We had a nice big backyard but it still needed work. There were a lot of things that needed work on that house like the outside wall that we could see from the backyard (the cement was chipping away). Inside, the tiles in the bathroom were so dated and I kept asking my husband when we could start fixing it, but we didn't have the funds yet.

And then that night, we were about to sleep, we explored our house and found out that it was really huge with so many rooms and bathrooms. There was one particular bathroom which had yellow tiles and the toilet bowl sat a little bit to the far right, with no tank or cover, just a bowl that was sticking out of the floor. Then husband (like he always does in real life) consoled me that we were going to fix things. And that made me feel better. I said, "Yes, we can divide the bathroom because it's big, and we can put a wall and make a closet on the other side". I checked the other side of the wall, to find out that it was leading to a bigger room, with outside access to a big patio that had several long lap pools (rectagular, maybe 25 feet long, but only 5 feet wide). The tiles were aqua or light-turquoise color and they were really dirty!

In my dream, I said, Oh my, we have swimming pools but they are dirty and that's a lot to clean, and there's no way I am going to bathe in there!

I found out that since it's a condominium complex, some of the pools belonged to other ownders in a another wing. I was just silently convincing myself to be grateful for the amenities.

I went back to the house and was awed some more about how huge it is. One door opening to another room, that has a door opening to yet another big room. There were rooms with a lot of beds (which I figured maybe the previous rented out to bed spaces) until I landed into a really really beautiful room with so many classy furniture and accessories and I said, "Finally, something nice" but a woman was eating on a dining table next to the room (the wide door was open) and she said, this is our space. I think they were the owners of the condominium building. The woman is actually a transvestite, which I judged from her (his?) looks and the voice, and the heavy make-up.

I got sad and inquired (in my typical assertive way when I am confused by seemingly stupid rules set up my smarty pants arses), BUT WHERE IS THE BOUNDARY? HOW DO WE KNOW WHICH SPACE IS OURS -- if you don't lock doors???

I woke up.

*duh*

1 comment:

  1. I noticed that dirty tiles (a sample of my pet peeves or fears), water and seeing people and being reluctant to say hi because I was shy are common themes of my dreams this week.

    DOMINANT FEELINGS: Convincing myself that something ugly is beautiful. I always tend to do that! Even with relationships? And family perhaps???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails