And all my days are trances,
And all my nightly dreams
Are where thy grey eye glances,
And where thy footstep gleams--
In what ethereal dances,
By what eternal streams.
~EDGAR ALLAN POE, To One in Paradise

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Thursday, June 11, 2009

(Fake) Red Bricks

I am in awe over how unpredictable the mind dances in one's dreams. Imagination gymnastics, in other words.

Last night, I dreamt that I was in my husband's workplace, and waiting for him to finish his job, when I saw that clumps of big fern-like plants everywhere. I asked what those were doing in an automotive shop with only metals, and tools around and certainly it was no place for foliage. Hubby simply told me that they need them for cars because when the ferns are poked, it fold and curls into a ball like a makahiya plant. So I poked one of them and saw that it indeed could curl into a large ball the size of beach balls and thos gymn balls that one uses for workout. I saw that his co-worker Eddie was poking the other balls and so the place looked like there were a lot of green plant balls. I rolled one and saw that there was a caterpillar underneath one and I pointed it out to them. The caterpillar was black and wasn't moving but it didn't look dead. I asked if they were going to take it out but in the next image, I was in a red room (probably the shop still because their floor is really made of red brick tiles)...

It turns out that the room was the workplace's restroom because I needed to take a shower. The restroom was clean and I noticed that the walls and the floor are made of red bricks. The water was running. I realized I was barefoot (which is my pet peeve especially if it's not in my own private bathroom) but in my dream I was surprised at myself that I didn't mind stepping on the bricks because it was so clean and the black lines in between the bricks weren't grime but were prints instead. I realized it was like a textured rubber linoleum of some sort in brick design. Then I was in the locker room after the shower (lounge area actually) and my cousin Joei came in and sat on an elevated platform (the seats there) which were also made of the rubber brick linoleum. She just told me that she was happy to see me because she needed to ask me something about child development, perhaps regarding her baby Amelia. And in my heart I was afraid I won't know anything about it anymore because it's been so long since I worked with kids.

The water was still running on my leg. Which was weird because I was already dressed. It seemed like I was still trying to wash my feet. And I was making someone wait because we needed to go. I don't know about that part anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails