And all my days are trances,
And all my nightly dreams
Are where thy grey eye glances,
And where thy footstep gleams--
In what ethereal dances,
By what eternal streams.
~EDGAR ALLAN POE, To One in Paradise

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Monday, November 30, 2009

My Chanel Fever

Three weeks ago, I had a multiple-images kind of dream once more...but aren't all dreams like that?

I forgot the rest of the dream but what struck me was the event in my dream where one of my really high-society aunts was selling her used and vintage designer stuff like clothes, and purses. I spotted a Chanel tote that I really really wanted to buy but in my dream I was shy to speak my mind at first (I guess that's how I really am sometimes) and another aunt spotted it and went ahead and bought it. And I couldn't complain even if I saw it first, because I really didn't offer to buy it first!

I can't begin to tell you how that felt. Hahaha.

Material things. I am really not a materialistic person, and I don't let brand names define who I am as a person. I strongly believe that it is not what you wear or carry that must define you, IT SHOULD BE WHAT'S INSIDE YOUR HEART THAT MUST SHAPE WHO YOU ARE (in your eyes, in other people's eyes, and in God's eyes).

BUT!!!

Of course, as a woman, I have my wishes too. The only signature/designer brand that I really really really like is CHANEL. And I can prove that to you by saying that last Christmas, all I wanted was a simple Crayola Glow Station and thought to myself that I would be truly disappointed if hubby made good of what he has always wanted for me -- to buy me another Louis Vuitton purse. Yes, I'd choose Crayola over Louis Vuitton. I'd choose a new sketchpad over a Coach bag.

BUT!!!

Chanel is a different story. I'm in love with it. It's simple, elegant and not trendy. It sort of speaks about the WOMAN's taste not the size of the pocket of the one that carries it. Although, sadly it's true too because the prices are unbelievably sky-rocketing high.

And hubby got me a brand new Chanel purse sometime this year (that cost an arm and a leg...and as I always say, a head). And I said I'll stop wanting for more, but deep inside, I am yearning for another one.

I don't care if it's vintage, or pre-owned. I was just hoping to have another one. I've been scouring websites and frantically hoping to bump into one more.

Ergo, the dream.

*sigh*

Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails