And all my days are trances,
And all my nightly dreams
Are where thy grey eye glances,
And where thy footstep gleams--
In what ethereal dances,
By what eternal streams.
~EDGAR ALLAN POE, To One in Paradise

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Friday, July 17, 2009

Driving, again!?

Since I've been busy lately, I really don't remember much of my dreams. Here's what's left of the memory of my dream a few days back:

I went to a place I've never been to before. It's like a farming neighborhood deep into the boonies, but it's like a tropical setting so it must be Philippines. All I remember is being convinced by someone (perhaps a friend) to come with him (or her, I don't even remember) to visit this hut but we had to go down several little alleys in between shanties, and we were walking on dirt and grass and puddles and in my dream I wanted to avoid stepping on the mud but I had to anyway, so I just walked on and tried to ignore my dirty and wet feet. I just kept going and glancing at my feet, but ignoring that and the icky feeling that was building up.

*duh*

(Tolerance maybe? I've been pretty tried with my patience and tolerance lately, and I've been winning *pat on the back, thank you very much*...so maybe it shows in my dreams. "Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength" - Dalai Lama)

Shift to a different image. I was driving and once again scared because I didn't know where I was heading. In my dream, I was also rooting for myself and convincing myself that it's okay because I'll get to my destination (which in my dream I was scared of because the obstacle was challenging --something like uphill and snaking road and then inside a building's parking lot and out, something like that). Only when I reached the building, there were roads lifting up and down, then conveyor belts connecting to it, giving you little time to maneuver or else you'll fall off if you don't transfer the vehicle to the next zone fast enough. It reminded me of Super Mario and other video games where you have to hop from one floor to another and they keep moving and shifting so you have to time it in such a way that two floors are the same level or close enough. Anyway, in my dream, I was getting ready to step on the gas and zoom the car into the next plank, with all the moves planned in my head because I had to do it like clock work to reach the end. And then I woke up.

Is this my anxiety and fear of the unknown showing up? My courage to conquer challenges no matter how fearful they seem? Trying not to be scared and preparing to soldier on anyway?

Not exactly the most pleasant thing.

But it must be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails