And all my days are trances,
And all my nightly dreams
Are where thy grey eye glances,
And where thy footstep gleams--
In what ethereal dances,
By what eternal streams.
~EDGAR ALLAN POE, To One in Paradise

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Swimming (across the Atlantic?)

Weird. In my dream, my cousin Eric, his friend with a baby boy, my husband and I went on an aqua adventure. But prior to that, I can't remember the images but I know we were somewhere else on vacation and there were other people too but so far they have slipped into forgottendom.

I just remember being on an island, and in a friend's resthouse. Her mom (seemed like Arnold's mom) was cooking for us as we were planning our ocean escapade. Eric wanted us to cross the ocean to the other island which was hundreds of miles away. He said it was going to take only two hours and we will be wearing our life jackets anyway and we all agreed. I (for some surprising reason) also agreed even if I'm scared of the deep blue sea. In my mind I was hesitant but I decided to soldier on and thought that if I couldn't swim further, then I'll just hold on to my hubby's swim shorts and get dragged along. We were also convincing my cousin's friend to feed his baby with another bottle of milk before the adventure since he's bringing the baby along, strapped to his back while he swims. Realistically, no one will really do that unless one is jumping off a sinking ship or something.

Strange.

Another strange thing too was we went out to inspect a large ship (like the USS Hornet) docked to the shore. It was sitting on a huge glass board/sheet and I told them not to move too much or else the ship might sink. There really was no logic to it. The ship was going to float, regardless, right?

I see a pattern here, with my previous dreams (y'know, driving, cycling...and now swimming?) I'm usually scared, sometimes hesitant, yet soldiering on because that is what's expected of me. I usually just come up with a game plan on how to go about these scary things. Do these dreams demonstrate the phenomenon whenever I cross beyond my comfort zones? I have a tendency to do that.

Am I a scaredy-cat behind a tough-cookie-esque persona? Or do these dreams just show how courageous I can be. After all, when you're courageous, you're courageous. There are no in-betweens. I guess it's true. Brave people get scared too. But we get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails