And all my days are trances,
And all my nightly dreams
Are where thy grey eye glances,
And where thy footstep gleams--
In what ethereal dances,
By what eternal streams.
~EDGAR ALLAN POE, To One in Paradise

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What's up with the bicycles?

Last weekend wasn't the first time within a short period that I had a dream that I'm riding a bicycle -- and the same feeling was attached to the dream: I was scared of riding the bike in my dream.

Dream 1 (about a month ago) - My husband and I had to use only one car to go to work and since we worked in two different places, he had to drop me off close to a freeway somewhere and took my bicycle off the trunk and told me, "You can do it, just stay on the bike lane". Apparently, he had to drop me off at a convenient place so he can go straight to work and I just had to travel the remaining short distance on my bicycle. I was scared but did it anyway. The vehicles were speeding next to me and all of a sudden I COULDN'T FIND THE BIKE LANE and I was so scared with all the vehicles speeding next to me. I was like, "Oh no, what should I do?"

Dream 2 (last weekend) - In my dream, I was on my way home from hula practice when they asked me if I could bring the daughter of our teacher home (or it seems like I offered to drive her home). Though I believe I was a little hesitant because I only had my bicycle with me. But she agreed and even if I was scared, we rode. I was extra-careful with the directions, not wanting to be lost because I might not know my way, especially with the bicycle and the bike lanes. But I think I got carried away riding it that when I looked up on the road, I already found out that I already missed the turn and so I just had to keep going until we reached a road that's almost like like the edge of a cliff and I had to be careful and stay on track otherwise I might fall on the water. I kept going and kept trying hard not to fall on the side, which was difficult because I wasn't very skillful at maneuvering mountain bikes (EVEN IN REAL LIFE!)

That's all, folks. Just baring it all, whatever that bicycle meant!

1 comment:

  1. Here's an interesting symbolism of bicycles in dreams:
    http://en.mimi.hu/dreams/bicycle.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails