And all my days are trances,
And all my nightly dreams
Are where thy grey eye glances,
And where thy footstep gleams--
In what ethereal dances,
By what eternal streams.
~EDGAR ALLAN POE, To One in Paradise

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dead People

I dreamed of two family members and a household help who have been long dead. For two nights in a row:

1. In my dream, my grandmother was still alive then (or appeared to be although I knew while it was happening that she had been dead for a long time). It's funny how in my dream, I just sort of accepted the fact that she was there even if I knew she shouldn't be. It was like two truths in my head co-existing just like that. Even Nanay Ana was there. She was our loyal cook while I was growing up. In my dream, we were in the midst of a flurry of activities...I coudn't quite pin the memory down. Was it in the middle of a move, or travel, or a trip somewhere? We were in an old house with cream/light yellowish-colored walls. It wasn't our ancestral house. Then Nanay Ana told us that she already got did everything that my grandmother needed to be done, like put up the picture frames on the wall. There were large nails on the wall and we wondered why she used large ones. I mean, they were big, humongous, dowel-like nails that were holding the frames on the wall...almost like daggers that bore through the wall rather crudely.

2. The next day, I dreamed of my uncle (my mom's brother), Tito Billy. He's been long gone. But in my dream, it's the same way, I was aware that he was dead, but didn't really resist the fact that he was there, like it's normal. I noticed that his skin was so flawless (he had a lot of dots and age spots and freckles when he was alive), almost like makeup by the coroner's perhaps? anyway, in my dream I asked him if I could tell the others that I saw him or something like that,b but it seemed that he didn't want me to. Then, I saw him walking in front of my other uncle (Tito Father) and he sort of blended with the group/crowd and I decided to bend forward to his direction to give him a kiss too like I was doing with the rest -- greeting them hello, but while I was doing it, he suddenly disappeared...faded away...vanished before my eyes. I was disappointed. I thought he was going to stay, but didn't.

Is it all because we are having this big family reunion next month? Is it because at the back of my mind, I wish they were still here to have fun with us -- not for me but for my mom and the rest of her siblings who will get together? Is it because, in a paranormal sense, they are telling me that they will be there nonetheless???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails