And all my days are trances,
And all my nightly dreams
Are where thy grey eye glances,
And where thy footstep gleams--
In what ethereal dances,
By what eternal streams.
~EDGAR ALLAN POE, To One in Paradise

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious

Welcome to the Realm of My Subconcious
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sleep Paralysis

I haven't had sleep paralysis in months. And I just realized it a few weeks ago. I don't exactly miss it. But I miss the feeling of triumph every time I come out of it without having to stress through the process. Almost like I've mastered waking up from it -- like I've finally learned how to have a grasp of things while it happens, take it by the neck and put it back to its place. It's something I'm proud of but I don't talk about because it's strange.

And then I had it this morning after all these months! Did my recent thoughts on it cause it to happen??? It happened this morning during my usual window of extra sleep after my husband leaves for work and before I rise to get ready for mine. In my dream, there was a ruffling of sheets and a little shaking on the bed next to me. My eyes were closed but it felt like it was my husband stirring. IT FELT SO REAL. LIKE I COULD ALMOST FEEL THE MOVEMENT AND HEAR THE SOUNDS. Then I couldn't move. I guess was tiptoeing between conscious and unconscious. I was almost 100% sure (in my sleep and while I couldn't move) that it wasn't my husband causing it and I knew in my sleep that I was having sleep paralysis -- and this launched me into employing the techniques I've learned through time. I tried to relax instead of panic, waited, and moved my left hand. I was successful, and my right hand followed. And then I was awake. It's like night and day difference, which happened in split second. Almost like sleep had a door and I suddenly got out of it. It felt that way.

Looking back, it must have been some heavy freight trains going by in my area in the morning --they tend to cause our house to vibrate sometimes. Maybe that physical event intersected with my sleeping subconscious and created the dream explaining the physical event of movement by route memory of the senses.

In a paranormal/parasychological perspective, maybe a spirit visited me? But I'm not scared. I know in my heart that I am strong enough not to let them pierce through the walls of my own spirit. Too bad!!! Hehehe. God always protects me. I always
trust my soul to him and rest in his bosom while I sleep. That's why I don't fear these things... It's a gift!

But I'm inclined to believe it is the train that might have caused it. And I'm just happy to be sort of "awake" in my sleep. It's a skill!

1 comment:

  1. For the past few years I have had contact with invisible beings and out of body experiences; all in bed. I've also had many experiences with lucid dreaming. I don’t know why it happens -- it just happens. A typical occurrence is me waking up, completely paralyzed (yet fully conscious), able to feel and hear things happening in the room. I believe the first time I actually encountered a being was my third semester in college when I was lying on my belly in my room with all of the lights on, taking a nap. No one else was in the room, and I woke up paralyzed, unable to move. I heard (what sounded like) many whispers, all in different (possibly the same, but definitely foreign) languages. I could not make out exactly what any of the whispers were, but I did get this: “veng-eance” with a long draw on the “g.” It was a sad and moppy tone, but I heard it clearly, in my right ear specifically … In other attacks I’ve heard angry voices yelling at me and ending with “you’re going to burn in hell.”

    Anyway I started a forum for people who have similar experiences: http://www.sleep-paralysis-forum.com/index.php

    Come check it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails